DESIDER Magazine

For everything else UK defence-related that doesn't fit into any of the sections above.
jonas
United Kingdom

DESIDER Magazine

Post by jonas »

As this magazine covers all three armed service as well as the Civil Service, and is a monthly publication, I thought it might be of interest on here.
It can then be updated monthly by anyone who comes across it's publication, as it seems to have no fixed date to go online. These are the current publications as far as 2015 goes. :-

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/desider-2015

ArmChairCivvy
United Kingdom

Re: DESIDER Magazine

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

A snippet from Desider I found interesting (was it 7000 kits ordered, the quantity was in the main article):

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ch2015.pdf
Ever-lasting truths: Multi-year budgets/ planning by necessity have to address the painful questions; more often than not the Either-Or prevails over Both-And.
If everyone is thinking the same, then someone is not thinking (attributed to Patton)

WhitestElephant
United Kingdom

Post by WhitestElephant »

ArmChairCivvy wrote:A snippet from Desider I found interesting (was it 7000 kits ordered, the quantity was in the main article):

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ch2015.pdf
7,000 kits of what?
Though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are. - Lord Tennyson (Ulysses)

ArmChairCivvy
United Kingdom

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

Virtus, p. 36 in the main text of the publication
Ever-lasting truths: Multi-year budgets/ planning by necessity have to address the painful questions; more often than not the Either-Or prevails over Both-And.
If everyone is thinking the same, then someone is not thinking (attributed to Patton)

bobp
United Kingdom

Post by bobp »

OK found it 7000 kits of useful looking personal protection gear, rucksacks and body armor etc. My question is why only 7000 kits there are supposedly 82000 troops in the regular army, plus 30000 reserves plus spares etc. Like the idea Jonas of a thread for desider.

ArmChairCivvy
United Kingdom

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

16X and Cdo bde for starters, more to follow
- just talked to a guy from RGR and the gurkhas are going to be rotated through 16X (again) soon, so it is not just the paras

jonas
United Kingdom

Post by jonas »

bobp wrote:OK found it 7000 kits of useful looking personal protection gear, rucksacks and body armor etc. My question is why only 7000 kits there are supposedly 82000 troops in the regular army, plus 30000 reserves plus spares etc. Like the idea Jonas of a thread for desider.
Thanks, like I said anyone who comes across it first next month can update. Just as I only remembered today that I hadn't yet seen it.

jonas
United Kingdom

Post by jonas »

June issue now out, just click on the link in the first post. Must say though that this issue is rather disapointing. Like the whole of the defence scene at the moment, any news seems to be in limbo awaiting the SDSR, so much of this is a re hash of the past.

Cooper
Korea North

Post by Cooper »

arfah
Niue

Post by arfah »

Admin Note: This user is banned after turning most of their old posts into spam. This is why you may see their posts containing nothing more than dots or symbols. We have decided to keep these posts in place as it shows where they once were and why other users may be replying to things no longer visible in the topic. We apologise for any inconvenience.

arfah
Niue

Post by arfah »

Admin Note: This user is banned after turning most of their old posts into spam. This is why you may see their posts containing nothing more than dots or symbols. We have decided to keep these posts in place as it shows where they once were and why other users may be replying to things no longer visible in the topic. We apologise for any inconvenience.

arfah
Niue

Post by arfah »

jonas
United Kingdom

Post by jonas »

Don't know if it was just myself, but I hadn't been able to find 'Desider' for the last couple of months, but just in case here it is. Still no March issue ?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/desider-2016

arfah
Niue

Post by arfah »

jonas
United Kingdom

Post by jonas »