The War Against Terrorism

For everything else UK defence-related that doesn't fit into any of the sections above.
marktigger
United Kingdom

The War Against Terrorism

Post by marktigger »

Given the announcement of the raising of the Threat of Irish republican Terrorism on the mainland I wonder will the "New IRA" be pursued with the same vigor as Islamic terrorist groups not only by The British Government but by other countries like America?
Or will there be another round of talks and more concessions to Sein Fein.

They never did go away!

IrishT
Bahamas

Re: The War Against Terrorism

Post by IrishT »

marktigger wrote:Given the announcement of the raising of the Threat of Irish republican Terrorism on the mainland I wonder will the "New IRA" be pursued with the same vigor as Islamic terrorist groups not only by The British Government but by other countries like America?
Or will there be another round of talks and more concessions to Sein Fein.

They never did go away!
I honestly can't see the IRA doing much, they have a fraction of the resources and support that Islamic terrorists do, and they're not willing to blow themselves up. Wasn't a report by the PSNI done a few months ago claiming they no longer had the structures or capacity that the PIRA had?

The rIRA are also caught in a gang feud down here in the Republic, they were hired to protect one gang family (Hutch) from another (Kinahans) but they've been shooting each other over the last couple of months.

marktigger
United Kingdom

Post by marktigger »

well they've become a serious enough threat for the security state to be raised

Galloglass
Ireland

Post by Galloglass »

They have been continuously active in Ireland for years (shootings/bombings) but not in Britain....I suppose people must be warned if the threat actually travels to the "Mainland".

marktigger
United Kingdom

Post by marktigger »

well they have.

And everyone in Northern Ireland knew fine well it hasn't stopped its just kept out of the media or played down

bobp
United Kingdom

Post by bobp »

The above forum post appears to link to a business wanting you to write a book on terrorism. So I would say its advertising their site rather than discussing the topic.

RetroSicotte
Retired Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by RetroSicotte »

Cheers, it's gone.

marktigger
United Kingdom

Post by marktigger »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-37726895

ex senior PSNI warns of civil unrest over Brexit......Not surprised about this at all.