photo thread: Iranian Pilots during Iran/Iraq war

News and discussion threads on defence in other parts of the world.
Artesh
Iran

photo thread: Iranian Pilots during Iran/Iraq war

Post by Artesh »

Full Name: ASIAEE, Seyed Nasrollah

DoB: 19 Dey 1320 (9 Jan 1942) - Sahneh Town, Kermanshah Province

Killed in Action: 11 Dey 1365 (1 Jan 1987) - Masjed Soleiman, Khuzestan Province

Branch of service: Tank Engineering and Maintenance , Pilot

Last Rank: SarHang (Colonel)

Last Position: Commanding Officer, Masjed Soleiman Army Aviation Base

Artesh
Iran

Re: photo thread: Iranian Pilots during Iran/Iraq war

Post by Artesh »

سرگرد خلبان سید ابوالمجد احمدی علون آبادی

بيست و هشتم تيرماه1366، هور العظیم

Sqn. Ldr. AHMADI OLOON-ABADI, Seyyed Abolmajd

KIA: 19/Jul/1987 - Hoveyzeh Marshes

Timmymagic
Donator
United Kingdom

Post by Timmymagic »

Artesh,
Unless you own the copyright of the pictures, or unless they have been released for public use it is not encouraged to post them.
Not being harsh but it's been one of the key points of the forum since the closure of MP.net to avoid the legal issues that that board had on a regular basis.

ArmChairCivvy
United Kingdom

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

I don't see the point of a picture thread anyway as this is a discussion forum
Ever-lasting truths: Multi-year budgets/ planning by necessity have to address the painful questions; more often than not the Either-Or prevails over Both-And.
If everyone is thinking the same, then someone is not thinking (attributed to Patton)

Artesh
Iran

Post by Artesh »

Timmymagic wrote:Artesh,
Unless you own the copyright of the pictures, or unless they have been released for public use it is not encouraged to post them.
Not being harsh but it's been one of the key points of the forum since the closure of MP.net to avoid the legal issues that that board had on a regular basis.
Hi dear Timmy,

AFAIK, Army has ordered to all war veterans, and families of who were killed/Missed in action, to publish their memorieses, photos, documents and ...

So, Nothing to be worried about.

Artesh
Iran

Post by Artesh »

ArmChairCivvy wrote:I don't see the point of a picture thread anyway as this is a discussion forum
Hi dear ArmChair,

the point of this thread is to introduce War time Pilots (Veterans, Killed, Missed, Prisoners, Traitors) .

i don`t think this is realy necessary to know how many children they have, or when they married, or were they Religius or not ...

but governments want to say they were ...

if you or any other members of this forum knows Farsi, he/she/ can search and see how many "BULLSHITS" are said about them.

many of those bullshits are denied by former Army personell.

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Respectfully, this is a United Kingdom defence forum, and this section which you have created this thread in, is reserved for international military news. It is not designated or designed to be used as a memorial or condolence wall for former service personnel. Please cease and desist.

RetroSicotte
Retired Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by RetroSicotte »

I've had my eye on this thread for a bit. I respect the intentions and I was happy to leave it briefly to see how it went or what the follow up might be, but I feel you may be a little mistaken on what the forum section is for.

If you have a particular story or tale to tell, we're more than happy to hear it. UKDF is pretty broad in that way. However an independent topic is perhaps a little excessive without a lot of organisation and backing to make it clear what it's about.

Personally, I'd recommend you post over in the Iranian topic for this section of the forum. See who's willing to have a chat there?

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=496

Locking this thread behind it, just to keep everything central to the specific topic.